Meditation is a well-known remedy for the stressed and the overworked. However, few know of its power to open you up to the psychic world. If you’ve ever wanted to see more than meets the eye, this is the proper first step to take.
There are different kinds of meditations to be able to communicate with your inner self. It can help you organize your thoughts and free yourself of negative energy.
Let’s start with something simple. The following steps will clear your mind without much effort:
1. Find a quiet and relaxing place. Turn off your TV. Stay away from the phone or your computer. Play gentle music if this puts you at ease. If total silence is your thing, then opt to stay in a place that offers that.
2. Sit in a comfortable position. Level ground is just as good as a sturdy chair. Keep your back straight; don’t slouch. Relax your arms on your side or keep them folded on top of your thighs. Find the posture that suits your body. Some prefer the cross-legged position or the lotus position. Others are more comfortable just by sitting in a chair.
3. Close your eyes. If you feel like you’ll fall asleep, keep them half-open and focused on one spot.
4. Breathe deeply from your abdomen, but keep it natural by breathing through your nostrils.
5. Relax your muscles bit by bit. Let your breathing guide you.
6. Clear your mind by focusing on just one subject. You may notice at first that mediation causes a “mental chatter”.
Different thoughts may go in and out of your conscious mind. Take it slow. Remove one item at a time by focusing on a singular topic. Count back from 100 if it helps. Or just focus on the sensation of breathing. Once you’ve mastered focusing on one item, you can soon easily clear your mind so that there’s room to communicate with yourself better.
Practicing meditation daily will help alleviate stress and can help you focus more on the important things. It will also help you recognize your inner voice. This can be a great first step to channeling your psychic power. By listening to yourself, you can listen better to others.