Interpreting one’s dreams are not uncommon today. There are many psychics who are more than willing and ready to help us in understanding what our dreams are trying to tell us. However, our schedules do not allow us to visit a psychic for dream interpretation anytime. How we wish we could do our own interpretation in the comfort of our own homes.
Here are some ways and steps in defining and interpreting dreams.
1. Recall the dream. Upon waking up, immediately review or recall what occurred in the dream. Consider the places that you went to, including details like the color and items that were included in it. Try to examine who the people were in your dream and see what your interaction was with them. And if there were animals, also try to recall what the animal did. For example, if it was a dog, then was it barking, looking at you, howling, or anything like that?
2. List things down. After having the recall, it is best and most helpful to write these details down on a paper or journal. Try to establish any connection between you, the people and things involved in the dream, as well as the place or environment where it occurred.
3 .Refer to the dream dictionary. The beauty of the internet today is that you no longer have to seek a psychic personally to have a glimpse at the dream dictionary. The internet has it and with just a few clicks, you will be able to look up the meaning of the words and some items in your dream that do not seem to have any meaning at all.
4. Know the generic meanings of dreams. Some people find it difficult to analyze the meanings of their dreams because they ignore the generic meanings. For example, hope may be represented by a white flower in a dream, love with red flowers, or fear with anything that is black.
5. Take note of prophetic dreams and ordinary dreams. Ordinary dreams are usually just an extension of something that we have been thinking of for a long time. Prophetic dreams, on the other hand, are those which try to remind us of something or those which serve as a warning to a forthcoming event.
6. Keep a bedside lamp and some writing materials. What can be more frustrating than forgetting entirely in the morning all of your night’s dreams? So to avoid this, always be ready with a bedside lamp for immediate illumination and a piece of paper and pencil for writing your notes.