When it comes to the belief in astrology and horoscope, there is probably no other culture that has as much influence as the Chinese culture. The Chinese are known to be people who have had the earliest civilization which makes them knowledgeable when it comes to this subject. And more specifically, Chinese are known for the Chinese zodiac signs, as well as the timeline of Chinese zodiac signs.
The Timeline of Chinese astrology
- The subject on astrology dates back to a thousand years ago.
- In 2137 BC, the earliest solar eclipse was recorded in the Chinese book, classic history
- C. 2000 BC, the Chinese discovered that for Jupiter to complete one revolution around its orbit, it needed 12 years
- C. 1400 BC, the Solar Prominence and Nova, as well as the solar and lunar eclipses were observed
- C. 1200 BC, in order to recognize stars, the Chinese people divided the heavens into 28 regions
- C. 1100 BC, the Chinese discovered the spring equinox
- 776 BC, the earliest reliable record of the solar eclipse was done by the Chinese
- 613 BC, July, the Halley Comet was seen
- 532 BC, the Nova was recorded by the Chinese
- 364 BC, was the time the earliest observation of the sunspot was done
- 28 BC, May 10, the Book of Han, a Chinese imperial history book, recorded the sunspots
- 185, the time when the earliest record of supernova RCW 86 was done
- 687, the first observation of a meteor shower
- 1054, July 4, the guest star, known as the Crab Nebula, was noted by Chinese astronomers
- 1088, the Dream Pool Essays by Shen Kuo explained the improved meridian measurement between the polestar and the true north
On the other hand, the Chinese are also known for their Chinese zodiac signs which are composed of 12 animals. These animals include:
- Rat- which is known to be hardworking and thrifty. When it comes to relationships, they are found attractive and can be very generous to their partners.
- Ox. The ox is known to be professionally successful and loves to live the calm and peaceful life. However, if its temper is tested, it would be totally difficult to calm down.
- Tiger. These are known to be strong and brave but can also be stubborn. Born leaders, they like to lead but they do not make good followers.
- Rabbit. People born under this sign are happy and optimistic. They love food and clothes and tend to like to create an air of friendship wherever they may be.
- Dragon. When its year comes, it has been observed that the birth rate rises because they are believed to be strong, authoritative, and even eccentric.
- Snakes. In contrast to common belief that snakes are innately bad, they are actually wise, kind and intelligent and prefer to stay indoors rather than socialize.
- Horse. If you are a person born under this sign, then you are most likely popular, self-confident, and independent. They are leaders and orators at the same time.
- Ram. They are considered the most shy in the zodiac. Having a strong affiliation to spiritual things, they are also known to be religious.
- Monkey. If you are born under this sign, you are a good problem-solver and an intelligent person. However, you can also be manipulative.
- Rooster. You enjoy being the center of attention. However, you also tend to neglect the advice of others.
- Dog. Those who were born under this sign are known to be loyal and trustworthy. Also, they are fair. However, they tend to find it difficult to express their feelings.
- Pig. Anyone born under the sign of the pig is affectionate. They are the most willing to help among the animals.